matched my pictures, all was on track for a lovely project. However, it turns out that taking ones measurements whilst still dealing with the after effects of very strong pain medication, and being sat upon by a cat, and consequently not actually getting off the couch lead to inaccuracy. (go figure) Happily, all of mine were too big, so I was able to trim things down a bit and used the excess to finish the seams nicely. I feel this is an important lesson - if you can't drive a car, leave the scissors alone. (random side note: I knew not to trust me, and we hid them in the car before surgery, just in case I got "creative" )
I ended up making a waistband with a strip of fabric the length of the waist and about three inches high - makes it looks a bit more finished.
For the hem, I really didn't want a visible seam, so I used hem tape and hand stitched it to the body of the skirt with alternating colors of thread to match the pattern on the right side. The result is nearly invisible :)