|gratuitous cat picture.|
From Saturday, me-made skirt that well pre-dates the blog. I made its original incarnation (floor length) in high school. A few years ago, I decided I'd wear it more often shorter, cut a bit to high, and ended up adding the purple band it make it work.
Today, we have the wrap-dress and a me-made apron. (Today was a very cooking-centric sort of a day -- although the photo is a total fake. I'd made lasagna earlier, forgot to get pictures until after I'd cleaned up, and while I will be doing cookies later, I felt like getting this done now while there was still sunlight. I'm looking into pasta-water I'm about to dump out)
Actual sewing news: I've lined the bodice of the drindle-dress, and I'm happy with the result. (There is a little wrinkle of extra fabric above the bust, but I was wearing a different bra while doing the fittings, so that will be taken care of when I actually wear it out. Oh underpinnings, what trouble you cause in your variations.) Next up is attaching the skirt and making it not look like a nightgown. Thank you for suggestions from the other day.... I'm going to have to experiment for a bit to see what works.