Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Me Made June!!!

This may devolve into outfit posts every so often this month.    Anyhow, here is one of my favorite dresses --
its a frankenpattern, as so many are -- more specifically the bodice is a modified Simplicity 2884, and the skirt is McCalls 5292, which I find to be quite full enough for every day wear. The modification was changing the back from a standard halter to crossed straps. I just find it more comfortable not to have pressure on the back of my neck all day. Also, although you cannot see it, there is a side seam pocket on the right side around knee level. I loves me some pockets.  (and yes, I copied the description whole-hog from my MMM post.)



Interesting tid-bit - it spent the first year of its life as a party dress, then recently as I've made more, I decided it could be a regular day dress (plus a cardigan at work)    It makes the days a lot more fun. :)

  

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job of Frankenpatterning and I agree, a pretty dress does make a regular day a lot more fun. :)

    Stacy aka Stacybeads

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...