I've had a yard of watermelon fabric kicking around my stash for at least a two years now, waiting to be the lining of *something* -- considering how little I used, there are many more somethings in it's future -- but back to the topic at hand. I decided it might be nice to actually start something from scratch for my stash bust, and I'd been throwing around the idea of a tool taco of my own for a little while now. Now, add in that I wanted thread to fit and popped in the elastic without really thinking of what this would do to the shape and the fact that I had a fever going to whole time... and we can see that it ended up going a little overboard. However, it works really nicely and will be an excellent travel kit, so horray and huzzah! Like the original tool taco, this one has a layer of foam between the outer layer (codura) and the inner layer (cotton) for protection. I also lined the scissor pocket with codura so that I wouldn't be able to push them right through and ruin it first time out.
From the side it looks all nice and even and cute -- but from the top you can see the utter wonkiness. Not only did I blatantly not measure (fever) I even noticed it was off part way through, and just kind of tugged on it for a minute, expecting it to all work out properly in the end (definitely the fever)
c'est la vie. (4/15)
Post a Comment
I love to hear from people :)