|Raw materials and goal|
|tracing the sleeves was a pain in the ass, but worth it.|
|pretty close, no?|
I also decided to bring the neckline in a bit at the shoulders, so rather than using an even binding all the way around I added lozenge shaped sections for the shoulders. When folded in half they made wedges which sit nicely, hold the shirt in place and make a decent attempt at keeping my bra inside my shirt. (always a plus). If you compare the image below to the later pictures, you'll see the center back binding was replaced with ribbing. It kept gaping, and I had original collar of the polo version of the shirt left over.... so, I stretched it out, sewed in it in place, and no more gape! (a bit of wrinkly pull.... but c'est la vie. I like that the collar is still the collar.
And of course the reason for the increased sleeve width: my insanely huge biceps. However, when you can tear your eyes away, check out the non-gaping back neckline. Also, the sun decimating all things in its path over to my left. Here's hoping for a thunderstorm (we had a solid two weeks of rain, followed by a heat wave. I vote such things be properly interspersed.)
All in all, I am most pleased with this shirt and plan to make more of them. I'm also getting a kick out of it being from Chiefy's polo - I think he would have been entertained by it too. He would pat me on the head (literally), cross his arms and laugh.