Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Snowstorm Sewing

Doesn't look like much, but it was over my ankles. 
This polar vortex thing means we keep getting snow and ridiculous temperatures, so clearly, its time for spring time sewing!

half way done B5748

I started another B5748 (actually, I started it around Christmas, and have worked on it in every storm since) and I have to say, I love this pattern more than I can say.     This fabric is much floppier than the first, so it will have to be worn with a crinoline (also in progress - but the light was terrible this evening, so pictures are forthcoming) but it came together very very easily.  The final version will have black trim around the neck, armholes and hem. 


The fabric isn't actually purple - its a shot cotton - hot pink and electric blue on the warp and the weft - so the dress actually changes colors as I walk around.   I love the effect (I'm not in anyway enthusiastic about this dress, hunh?)



ANNND its all finished in french seams.    (Basically I can't be bothered to rethread the serger -- creative laziness)   (and in total reaction to the unholy mess of an inside I left in the last dress, as I hate-sewed it.)

11 comments:

  1. Oh, it's really really beautiful!!! :):):)
    Only a dubt.. How do you wear it with this frozen weather?? :D
    I'm a new fan ;)
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) As for wearing it in this weather... I don't. I only even had it on long enough to take the pictures and then popped right back into layers and layers of polar fleece. Just dreaming of spring time.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha! I'd like to try sewing it me too..where can i find the pattern??

      Delete
    3. http://butterick.mccall.com/b5748-products-22646.php?page_id=371 <-- this is the link to the pattern on Butterick's online store. I'd love to see yours when its done.

      Delete
    4. Thank you!!! You' re very nice!

      Delete
  2. I've been working on a summer-y skirt. Very very very slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colours I can just imaging it shimmering as you walk. Love the french seams I think they look so much nicer than erged ones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I've been coming to that conclusion myself. Its a bit more work, and it means changing the seam allowances (which I forgot to do - so its a bit tight) but I do like the end result.

      Delete
  4. OH! I adore your fabric. This dress is going to be so AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...