My latest project is another winter coat - although this time I'm using a pattern so hopefully I'll be finishing a bit sooner this time around... It's also a major stash buster - the shell, lining and interlining have all been loitering around the house for years now. The zippers are new, but all the rest has been waiting for its moment.
I found the pattern to be a good fit with almost no modifications - although I completely ignored the sizing chart and used the finished measurements instead. According to the instructions I should be in the size 10 and instead I cut out the 4 - Tasia put in a seriously enormous amount of ease. I'm also skipping the cuffs and adding couple inches to the sleeves - I like them to come half way down my hands.
|Uncinched - but fitting nicely.|
I'm using thinsulate as the interlining - the weather report is promising chilling temperatures, so I'm turning this into a cozy parka. It was originally part of my first attempt at making a coat than ended up getting abandoned when the waterproof fabric for the shell ended up being an absolute pain to work with.
|Thinsulate fun times|