I went a little rogue on the design.
When I made up the original pattern muslin, it was a standard 20s fit - a giant sack, tied tight at the hips and floppy at the waist. It was somewhat less than flattering. So, while I could have fitted and fusses and made it work, I just didn't feel like it, and I knew no one else at the party was going for historical accuracy (except Greg - but he's a cheater*). So - I took a pattern that already fitted in the bodice (VPLL princess slip) and drafted the VPLL evening gown skirt onto it.
I had some extra fabric, that I attached around the collar to make it resemble the original cowl. I left the floppy bit in the back - it ended up looking a bit more 30s than 20s (especially with the hair) but it worked. I also snuck in a side seam zipper -
I was in a odd mood when I started this dress, and couldn't be bothered to get off the couch - so I decided to do it entirely by hand. The hem is a double set of running stitches with metallic thread which helps the draping show up and sparkle.
I added beading around the neckline and false cowl. I got a variegated set. lots more sparkly bits.
Happy New Year!