I realized Monday that the choir concert was in fact *this* week, that I really did dislike the skirt I had thrown together a year ago when my original tore, and that all the black fabric in my stash was somehow transparent.... (insert your expletive(s) of choice)
<--nifty black eyelet!!!
The original plan for this fabric was a white lining, so it would look like polka dots, but not... (It was both genius and hilarious in my mind at the time) but in the year I've had it, it never was... right. However, over black, it goes from quirky and odd to an interesting and lovely texture. (and faaar more wearable on a regular basis)
I decided to go with a flowy, gathered, tiered skirt. The eyelet layer is self drafted (i.e. I fed it through the gathering foot of my serger. We're talking serious drafting skills on this one) and the lining is the skirt off New Look 6886. I'd also like to take a moment to discuss the fact that my serger is a BEAST and sews right through pins without a hiccup.
Anyhow, I had to play with the light levels a bit to get the lines to show -- but ta da! (stylishly worn over my pajamas)
I still need to put in the zipper, etc to finish it, but, eh, I can bop around and twirl, so I'm pleased.
Post a Comment
I love to hear from people :)