Now, the pattern called for 60" fabric, and mine was but 51, so in order to make things work I ended up cutting it out in a size smaller than I would normally wear (stretch knit!!!) Despite my sins, its actually turning out fairly well. There are some lumpy pulls around the hips where the fabric is a bit tight, but I plan to run some horsehair down the seam to keep it smooth. (I pinned boning in place to check, and it was lovely... but a bit heavy for practical wear.)
You can't really see much detail in this light, but I've top stitched all the seams to keep them from rolling every which way. I still need to do facings of some sort (I am down to tiny scraps of this fabric...) hem it and put in a zipper and it will be set. I found this pattern to be ridiculously easy. The measurements on the pattern envelope nearly matched mine, and as I was going down a size and it stretched, I just made it as marked. All the work shown here was completed in about 6 hours, including time watching a movie as I worked, which slows me down) The only thing I'm really not happy with is the length. Between being tall and having the banged up knees of a child, I like my skirts to fall right below the knee-cap. Had thee been more fabric, I would have made it longer, but I was grumpy when I found I couldn't make my shirt and I wasn't going to let anything like insufficent amounts of fabric stay me from my course. ...yeah. c'est la vie, or more specifically, c'est ma vie, comme toujour.
Post a Comment
I love to hear from people :)