I didn't have everything I needed to finish up the muslin for V8319, so I decided to spend the evening on a quick project..... I would make another many-paneled dress out of this lovely blue and purple paneled fabric I've had since last summer.
|so very pretty...|
Months ago, I prepped the pattern, making sure the waist was clearly marked, so I could line up the black center band as a sort of built in belt... Then this evening, I carefully laid it out, matching all the waist points and figuring out I'd need a black side panel if everything was going to fit properly...
|so terribly time consuming|
|so very well lined up....|
I am still in shock that I was so stupid not to even think about which way the stretch went. The bodice of this pattern is skin tight. The pieces are tiny and there are 18 seams allowances to suck up fabric. I'm not really sure what to do - I've only cut out half the dress, but the fabric remaining is not enough to start over again. I'm thinking of brazening it out and hoping really really had I can somehow fit into it anyway. Otherwise I will have to find a tiny friend and see if she wants it.
Looking back at the post I did while fitting the first many-paneled dress, I was loosing my mind with it as well... but at least I cut with the stretch in the right damn direction. Well... c'est la vie, so much for feeling super productive and useful tonight.