After a remarkable mess of a project, here we have the complete ladybug dress. However - this is after buying more fabric and completely remaking the bodice. I'm tempted to make the first incarnation of this dress a PSA on fitting while distracted.
Friends don't let friends ruin their fabric.
However, ruin it I did. (late April/ early May where a bit of a mess, hence the constant screw ups.) I forgot to add an FBA and the bust line was about an inch or so above where it ought to be, resulting in pulls and drag lines and a generally awkward fit. I'm afraid I didn't get pictures (Afraid. Hah. It was just bad. Use your imagination.)
|A is what I wanted, and eventually did. B is the screw up.|
Anyhow, after getting my head screwed back on, and getting an extra yard of fabric, I redid and refit the bodice (which is V8727, with the skirt from M5292, as usual) for the current incarnation. Anyhow, I thoroughly recommend the pattern. Once I stopped being an idiot it was easy to fit, comfortable to wear and generally flattering.
|pretend I'm making a better face - this is the only one that shows the back|
As requested: a close up of the fabric. (Most of the wispy bits that look like dust or fur are actually black printed on black. Messes with my head something fierce.)