Thursday, March 17, 2011

Scrappy-Dappy-Do!




















Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally got enough time to do the next row of scrappy triangles. As anticipated I like the double row -- but all the seams in such a lightweight fabric will require some sort of backing to keep it from lumping up. Due to my killer sway-back, me thinks I will need to turn some of those squares into trapezoids (use your x-ray vision!) but otherwise, its coming together nicely. (Except, with the proportions, its starting to look like it ought to be a dress, instead of a top -- but I really don't have enough fabric -- just doing real straps is going to be pushing it -- perhaps another project....)

And, MMM update from yesterday and today.



In both cases, just the skirt. (oddly enough, both are actually self-drafted skirts I originally made to be floor length and have since shortened) Anyhow, talked about the brown one last friday, but the purple is another of my lovely batiks :) I've always thought the patterns looked like chromosome pairs, so I tend to think of this as the DNA skirt. Its a regular old six panel skirt with an invisible zip closure.

1 comment:

  1. It looks great, and you were right, better with the defined waist. Curse you people with actual waists! That would never work on me. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...