Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Thats right, I make dresses with quilting cottons!
So, technically its not warm yet... but I love this dress, so I wore it anyway. Its a frankenpattern, as so many are -- more specifically the bodice is a modified Simplicity 2884, and the skirt is McCalls 5292, which I find to be quite full enough for every day wear. The modification was changing the back from a standard halter to crossed straps. I just find it more comfortable not to have pressure on the back of my neck all day. Also, although you cannot see it, there is a side seam pocket on the right side around knee level. I loves me some pockets.
The fabric itself is a cotton batik -- as it gets warmer, you may start to see my adoration of them (technically the fabric from the red dress is made by salting the material after its been dyed, but really, I get them from the same section of the store, so I'll lump that one in too)
Posted by Allison at 10:00 PM
Labels: batik, dresses, me-made-march
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
I love to hear from people :)