Monday, May 2, 2011

the importance of fitting

According to the pattern envelope, I'm an almost perfect size 14 -- however, reality and pattern measurements don't always have a lot to do with each other. Take a look at the difference between original and final shapes. (My versions don't include seam allowances) Its subtle, but it makes all the difference in the world.

This is the result of the second muslin, with a few extra tweaks. I neglected to get a good picture, so you'll have to trust me and wait for me to get it all made up.


But on the subject of tweaking, may I introduce the 'wedding dress'? This is a shortened and taken in (there was room for a bustle) version of V2788, a wedding dress pattern with lovely lines. I originally made it with the sleeves, and wore it a couple of times last summer in the first flush of pleasure after having finished it. However, after that it was just never right... and this weekend I realized it was the sleeves. For whatever reason they were making me feel dowdy and spoiling the lines. They also looked funny with a cardigan, thus preventing me from wearing it to work. (The back is rather low) But now! ta da!



random note: the first picture is from midway through -- I never went the one sleeve route.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...