Wednesday, May 15, 2013

many-paneled dress in action!

If you've been following my posts, you'll know the last week or so was consumed by terror that I'd irreparably screwed up this dress.   First I cut out half of it with maximum stretch lengthwise rather than width wise - then - in a monumental effort - I miscounted the number of panels I had left (there were only 5 to start with,  which makes this more impressive) and cut out half the dress the other way.     Not having enough to redo fully with either -- I just went with it.   

Somehow - it worked.    (If you look closely at the bodice when I am wearing it, you can absolutely tell which sections stretch which way, but, most people don't know what to look for anyway.  So, I've decided I win this round.)

All the black is self-fabric from the areas between the panels - due to the nature of the pattern pieces, I have a lot of tiny, wriggly little bits of blue.   need to investigate what to make with them, as I am madly in love with this fabric.  (Also, this is officially another stash-buster! double points!)

Honestly, I still can't believe I pulled this one off.


  1. Hurrah!!! You've won! It looks amazing Allison. So wonder you're pleased with it. Gorgeous colours in the fabric too....

  2. You did a great job with the panels! It's beautiful.

    1. 'great' might not be what I did to them, but thank you!


I love to hear from people :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...