Things may have gone a little off the rails last night.. I decided I wanted to use my new blue gauze to make Tanit Isis' Grecian dress, however, when I got home I remembered the printer is broken, and the nearest one I have access to is further away than I cared to go. So I winged it. I spent a while looking at her techical drawings, patterns and instructions and then basically just re-drafted it - and by 'it' I mean an insane series of costume like things. I still haven't quite hit her original concept.
Now, for a while, I intended to veer off, as I thought longer sleeves would be nice (and I like them in the pictures) but IRL they weren't working for me. The bottom right is the current incarnation, which I was really annoyed with last night, but am actually kind of liking in the picture. So we shall see what becomes of it.
Come the cold light of day, I couldn't face the gauze anymore, and decided it might be nice to actually finish something. Thus, I've added sleeves and a zipper to the white jacket. It still needs a collar, cuffs and a hem and it will be done. I fixed the odd hip curve I had on the last one - but a few more flaws are showing up in greater prominence on this version (primarily around the sleeves) Not sure if I set them in a different way or if green hides more mistakes. Also, the white turns out to be just slightly transparent, so all the seams show through. C'est la vie. I still like it and plan to wear it, so, it becomes a great big whatever.