Monday, August 1, 2011

Covet

The only thing stopping me from buying this dress is the fact that they've sold out my size.   (I say this with the full weight of it has been yeeeeeaaaars since I actually bought a dress)  So, me thinks I shall have to make one.  (There are so many things on the list these days its getting more than a little absurd.)

Anyhow, for proper sewing news - I've put a binding around the neckline and center front of the jacket - hem and sleeves still to go.   I realized I'd only been planning on a lining because I thought I 'should' which is a dumb reason to do anything.  So, having come to my senses, and accepted the laziness that is me,  I am very very nearly done.  (this will be stash bust 2-5, which should mean I'm closer to getting fabric for the gorgeous dress shown here, but I'll be honest, I'm thinking of sneakily purchasing some light weight cotton and ignoring my very own rules in the pursuit of pretty pretty things.)

3 comments:

  1. Aw, just go ahead and do it. You know you want to. All the heavy fabrics are coming in - get what you need now, while it's available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could put it on the Sew Weekly Make This Look spot and Mena will find you the pattern and the fabric if you do want to make it and haven't sourced the bits yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ mimi -- that sounds like a nifty thread, I haven't fully explored sew weekly, but it would be fun to see what she pulls together.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...